Matcha is actually “powdered tea” but is healthier than the regular tea. Owing to its nutritional qualities, matcha is turning into a most sought after health beverage. Matcha contains concentrated antioxidants, amino acid and other nutrients, which help in preventing cancer, maintain a sound brain and heart health, help you lose weight and a cup match tea daily can help you lower down your blood pressure and have a calmer brain.
With so many health benefits, matcha is surely a thing to play around. The conventional method to have matcha is making a tea but there are many other ways to have matcha.
Here are some matcha recipes that you can try out this weekend for a healthy matcha treat.
- Take a small bowl; mix some matcha powder and a pinch of kosher salt in half cup of water.
- Stir the water, until the matcha is all dissolved.
- Take another bowl. Add a tbsp of olive oil and shallow fry thinly sliced spring onion. Add 2 tsp of black sesame and cooked white rice in it.
- Now, pour in the matcha water in the rice and cook.
- Take a small pan; mix some matcha powder and a pinch of salt in half cup of water.
- Stir the water, until the matcha is all dissolved. Just like you did in matcha rice recipe. Just add your noodles in the water.
- Take another bowl. Add a tbsp of olive oil and shallow fry thinly sliced spring onions, 1 minced garlic clove and sliced bell peppers. Add 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of vinegar and cooked noodles in it.
- Take one cup vanilla milk.
- ¼ cup of chia seeds.
- 1 tsp matcha in a jar.
- Now add the vanilla milk and chia seeds to the matcha and tightly close the lid.
- Shake the jar, so all the ingredients are mixed.
- Refrigerate the matcha and enjoy next morning.
- Garnish it with crushed coconut.
Matcha ice cubes
- Take some matcha and sprinkle it in water.
- Mix matcha well as it tends to form clumps.
- Freeze and then you can use these cubes to make matcha ice tea. Just throw in some matcha cubes into sweetened water. (You can use sugar to sweeten the water)
- Take some matcha and mix it well in a cup of water.
- Take some semolina (suji) and fry it in ghee, until the semolina turns golden brown. Add powdered sugar.
- Now add the matcha water in it. Mix well.
- Serve hot.