Acupuncture, the traditional form of Chinese medicine, is fast making its way into the present world of cosmetology providing one of the safest and non-invasive methods of anti-ageing treatments. Acupuncture or needle therapy, the oriental mode of treatment, has been applied successfully all over the world in treating a number of diseases. The rising popularity of cosmetic acupuncture is fast replacing other invasive modes of anti-ageing treatments like surgical face lifts, Botox therapy and microdermabrasion.
Of late, cosmetic acupuncture has become very popular among celebrities, sportspersons and other notable celebrities of the glamour world who have received satisfactory results through cosmetic acupuncture.
Dr. Martha Lucas, a renowned Denver based acupuncture practitioner highly approves of this traditional Chinese method of acupuncture for fighting ageing of the skin. According to him, cosmetic acupuncture provides the safest and most effective anti-ageing treatment that can enhance natural, youthful appearance to a great extent. In fact, women all over the world are adopting cosmetic acupuncture unhesitatingly to regain their youth.
Cosmetic acupuncture treatment is based on redirecting energy to the right places through a number of needles improving the blood circulation of that particular area.
Cosmetic acupuncture procedure and after-effects
This particular anti-ageing treatment is restricted only in treating the facial skin by improving the blood circulation of the face. It is highly effective in reducing black spots, fine lines and wrinkles providing a glow to the face.
- Fine, disposable needles are first sterilised and then placed carefully in selected areas of the face such as wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and mouth. This enhances the blood circulation in the face and directs the energy known as Qi or Chi throughout the body. According to Chinese medicine, this energy reflects the overall physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of the body and an unobstructed flow of this energy results in the well-being of an individual.
- Needles are also placed on the arms, hands, legs and feet to enable the free flow of blood and Qi throughout the body removing all the blockages and obstructions.
- The facial skin appears red due to the improved blood circulation and the facial muscles get toned.
- Better oxygenation along with improved blood circulation removes unwanted facial lines and wrinkles and promotes formation of collagen.
- The skin appears soft and smooth with a healthy glow.
Also read : 5 Best homemade anti aging facial masks
Cosmetic acupuncture or anti-ageing treatment is quite expensive. The rising popularity of this anti-ageing treatment may draw many customers in the future, lowering its cost. Cosmetic acupuncture demands higher levels of accuracy and should be carried out by licensed medical practitioners. Good quality, sterilised needles approved by the regulatory authority must be used in carrying out cosmetic acupuncture.
Serious complications may develop because of the use of unsterilised needles. Several sessions of cosmetic acupuncture treatment are required depending upon the skin condition to get the best results.
Read more articles on Anti-ageing.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app