- Apple cider vinegar can offer you various health benefits
- But you should consume it correctly
- Here is the correct way to consume apple cider vinegar
- Also know to lose weight and fight acne with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has become a very popular remedy for various ailments. The health benefits of apple cider have grabbed a lot of attention in recent times. A large number of people have made it a part of their daily routine. It has claimed a lot of benefits including weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, reduced symptoms of diabetes and cholesterol. Other health benefits of apple cider vinegar may include:
- Improves digestion
- Can kill harmful bacteria
- It can improve your skin health and reduce acne
- Improves heart health
- May reduce the risk of certain cancers
How to drink apple cider vinegar?
People often drink apple cider vinegar straight. They usually consume it empty stomach every morning. But when you drink apple cider vinegar straight without diluting it, you may face many side effects. Apple cider vinegar can leave a harmful effect on tissues of your mouth and esophagus (food pipe). It can also lead to burns. It can also cause nausea and gastrointestinal symptoms like upset stomach, vomiting etc. You should strictly avoid drinking apple cider vinegar straight if you have a sensitive stomach.
Apple cider vinegar should be diluted before consuming it. It will not only reduce its side effects but will also make it taste better.
- Take two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- Add one cup of purified water to it
- Mix well before drinking
- You can also add any natural sweetener to enhance its taste like honey or maple syrup
- You can also use it as a salad dressing.
How to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss
Apple cider vinegar is widely used to lose weight. You can take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of warm water. Consume this mixture twice for better results.
Also read: How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar at Home
Why it works?
- Apple cider vinegar reduces your appetite and makes you feel fuller.
- It prevents the accumulation of fat by stimulating metabolism. It is packed with organic acids and enzymes that boost your metabolism and increase the rate at which your body burns fat.
- Beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar
- It can prevent acne. Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that keep the skin pores clean and remove the bacteria, oil and other dust particles. It can also work as a skin toner. It is rich in alpha hydroxyl acids which increase blood flow and minimise pores. For your skin, Mix a half cup of apple cider vinegar and water each. Using a cotton ball, apply this solution to your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- It can also soothe sunburn. If you have spent too much time in the sun you can choose apple cider vinegar to treat it. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and cool water and massage it onto the affected areas to calm the skin. Repeat several times daily for a few days until your condition improves.
Written by: Varsha Vats
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 17, 2019