- Deficiency of vitamin-E can cause hair fall
- Consuming more vitamin-E promotes good hair health
- Read on to know more
Is your hair falling and making your life difficult? Hair fall is a common problem and it affects millions of people. Deficiency of proteins and vitamins are cited as the main cause of hair fall. Our sedentary lifestyle is another thing which contributes to the problem of hair fall. Vitamin-E deficiency is also one issue that triggers the problem.
Signs of Vitamin-E Deficiency
Symptoms of low vitamin-E level include:
- Muscle Weakness: Vitamin E is important for the central nervous system, so a deficiency of vitamin E in the system can easily lead to weak muscles.
- Difficulty in Coordination and Walking: Inadequate levels of vitamin-E can lead to impaired reflexes, poor coordination and balance loss.
- Numbness: Damage to the nervous system may prevent the nerves to transmit signals, resulting in peripheral neuropathy.
- Vision Problems: Vitamin- E has properties that help avoid eye conditions such as macular degeneration. A lack of the vitamin may inhibit the ability of the vision.
- Weak Immune System: A shortage of vitamin E in the system can trigger sickness and disease. People with low vitamin- E may fall sick more often.
Also read: Essential Hair Care Tips For Gym Enthusiasts
Benefits of Vitamin-E for Hair
Vitamin E is rich in antioxidants, which is crucial for your hair and skin. It basically reduces cell damage and improves hair growth. It improves scalp health by balancing the pH levels, oil production, circulation of blood scalp and follicle health. Foods rich in vitamin-E include nuts, green vegetables, avocado, asparagus, sweet potatoes and many more.
No Hair Loss
In a study conducted by the Tropical Life Sciences Research team examined the role of vitamin E in preventing hair loss. The team found that the antioxidants properties of vitamin E improve hair growth by reducing oxidative stress in the scalp.
Balanced pH Levels and Oil Production
An imbalance of pH levels and overproduction of oil in the scalp are two of the main causes of hair fall. The excess oil blocks the hair follicles, leading to issues such as itching and dandruff. Vitamin E provides moisture which helps balance pH levels and control oil production.
Improved Blood Circulation
Vitamin E makes it easier for the blood vessels to carry blood to the scalp. Vitamin- E oil improves blood circulation when it is massaged directly into the scalp and it also provides nourishment to hair follicles. It reduces oxidative stress which helps boost hair growth. This promotes hair growth and helps the hair follicles to work better.
Also read: 6 Foods To Help You Boost Hair Growth
Vitamin E has properties that moisturize and conditions the hair. It helps get rid of the frizzy and dry hair, making your hair smooth and shiny. You can incorporate foods rich in vitamin E in your diet to promote better hair health.
It can repair damaged hair by maintaining the shine by reducing breakage and protecting the hair from damage.
Read more articles on Hair Care.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Written by: Arushi Bidhuri
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 07, 2019