Here’s a complete guide to P.V. Sindhu’s fitness and diet plan which will leave you surprised.
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu or P.V.Sindhu is one of India’s favorite shuttlers. She bagged the silver medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics thus becoming the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver.
Sindhu was born on the 5th of July 1995 in Hyderabad and had her first stint with badminton when she was all of 8 years old. She trained with coach Pullela Gopichand and later joined his academy. Both her parents are volleyball players, but it was badminton that was going to take Sindhu to new heights.
P.V. is a dependable and hardworking sportsperson who has consistently proven her merit as a world-class badminton player.
P.V. Sindhu fitness
- The medals and glory do not come cheap. PV Sindhu works hard to train and to build fitness levels that help her perform consistently.
- Her day starts as early as 3:30 am works out for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- To build endurance and strength, she does combination workouts every day. This includes two to three sets of 400m runs in a day, & two and a half kilometer run every alternate day. Trust Sindhu to stretch the limits, she peppers her workout with a 10 km run every now and then.
- P.V. Sindhu regularly does 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups. That comes to a total of a whopping 600 pushups and 2400 abdominal exercises in a week to activate her core and abdominal muscles.
- If you thought, that was enough, you clearly have no clue! Sindhu couples all that exercise with Yoga, pranayama, kapalabhati, and swimming.
- Her first session of training starts with at 4:30 am and continues till 7 with her coach. It is not unusual to find Sindhu and her coach rapt in a thousand shuttle battle, in a single session.
- A well-earned breakfast break comes in at 7 am.
- Her next session starts at 8 am and goes on for a couple of hours.
- Practice time is around 12 noon and that is often as extensive as a real match.
- In the evening, Sindhu sweats it out in a gym for around 2 hours.
The Plate Of P.V. Sindhu
- Sindhu basically focuses on balancing carbs and proteins in her diet. With that, plenty of water!
- Milk, eggs, and fruits are breakfast staples for Sindhu.
- For lunch, she enjoys meat with some vegetables and rice.
- Even during her workout sessions, Sindhu always keeps a small bowl of fruits, a few dried nuts and a bottle of juice in her sports kit.
- For dinner, there is the no-carb approach and Sindhu eats grilled meat and veggies.
- Her match days, of course, have a completely different diet chart.
- In case you thought, Sindhu had it tough, she does enjoy one cheat day in a month or two, to satiate any cravings.
P.V. Sindhu is an inspiration for lakhs around the country and the world. Her talent and her hard work are what has made her a force to be reckoned with – in the court and outside it.
Read more articles on Exercise Fitness
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 04, 2019