Love handles or muffin top are not a pleasant sight to see. They stop us from wearing what we want to wear. Let’s get rid of this stubborn fat with these easy-to-do 4 exercises.
Love handles are not a pleasant sight to see. It is the fat sitting at the sides of the waist and hangs over the top of the pants. Few of the major reasons why it gets collected around the waist are hormonal imbalances, consumption of alcohol, intake of junk food and unhealthy eating habits. It can be quite difficult to lose this kind of stubborn fat.
A blend of healthy eating habits and exercise can reduce the unnecessary fat and help you get rid of the stubborn love handles quickly. Get ready to bid farewell to the excess fat with these easy-to-do exercises.
This is a complete workout that works on the abdominal muscles and targets the flab accumulated on the sides.
- Lay on one side with your forearm flat on the floor, with both legs extended out in a long line.
- Lift your hips off the floor and form a straight line from head to toe.
- Hold the position for 20-30 seconds while keeping your core tight.
- Your top hand can be on your waist or your back.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do this 5-10 times.
As the name suggests, this is both a plank and a crunch. This combination of exercise is more difficult to do than the other exercises. But it is a great way to reduce the muffin top.
- Begin with doing a side plank.
- Your head, hips and legs should be in a straight line when doing a plank.
- Put your right hand behind your head.
- Now bring your right leg up towards your shoulder to touch your right elbow.
- Hold for 2-3 seconds and go back to the initial position.
- Do 20 reps on each side to complete a set. Do 3 sets.
This is one of the best exercises to work out the abs. It targets the upper and lower abs and the obliques. It can reduce the love handles only in a few weeks if done regularly and in a correct way.
- Lie on the ground, with your lower back on the floor and shoulder raised a little.
- Place your hands on your head, but remember not to thread your fingers behind the head.
- Now lift the right leg towards your chest and try to touch the knees to the left elbow.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat on the other leg. Do 25 reps on each side to complete one set. Do 3 sets.
One Head Toe Touch
Losing love handles is easy with this exercise. This exercise targets the lower abdomen and the waist.
- Sit on the floor with your feet in front of you.
- Pull your left leg inside letting the right sole flat on the inner thigh.
- Bend till you touch your right toe. Hold the position for 10 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
- Do this 20 times on each side for effective results.
Warning: Consult a professional instructor or a doctor before you go ahead with any of the above-mentioned exercises.
Read more on Exercise & Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.