In a recent Instagram post, Bollywood diva Malaika Arora posted a picture on her social media account, stating how much she loves doing planks and can never get enough of it.
From ‘Chaiya Chaiya’ to ‘Munni Badnam Hui’, Malaika Arora’s dreamy body has been the talk-of-the-town since then. Age doesn’t show on this sexy lady as she knows how to kill it in the gym. This Bollywood Diva is not just blessed with a great figure but also the zeal to sweat it out every single day to look this fit and vibrant. Despite ageing and the new blood taking over the Bollywood centre-stage, This sexy lady can give any actress half of her age, a run for their money.
Malaika Arora is one of the fittest divas of Bollywood. She loves everything about fitness, exercise and yoga, which is often visible on her social media accounts. Latest in her exercise routine is planks, which have gained immense popularity among Bollywood actresses in the recent past for its core-strengthening effects on the body. Malaika recently posted an inspiring picture in the plank position, which got most of us motivated.
Malaika Says, She Loves Planks
Giving us major Monday motivation, Malaika Arora, dressed in the hottest of the athleisure trend, said it loud that she loves doing planks. She mentioned in her post that side plank is one of the most tiring 30 seconds from the plank family, which makes you feel great for the efforts put in. She gave credit to her Diva Squad, to provide her with best and reap the maximum benefits of doing planks.
Also Read: 5 Variations of Plank for toned abs
Also known as the Vashishthasana pose, she listed out the benefits of this exercise, motivating one and all to go for it:
- Side planks help in strengthening the shoulders, wrists, forearms and spine. It also enhances body posture when putting in regular practice.
- If you thought it is all about weight, this exercise also enhances the flexibility in the wrists.
- Great to open up hips and hamstrings for the body shape.
- It tones up the abdominal muscles to a great extent. Just 30 seconds on one side and it does make a lot of difference on the body
- More than anything, side plank or Vashishthasana pose is best to align the body chakras, enhance balance, focus and concentration.
Wondering how to do this pose, here are steps to ace the plank exercise:
- Take the Dandasana pose.
- Slowly put the weight of your body on your right side of the body. Make sure that is striking a balance while getting in the position
- Place your left leg on the right foot and the left hand on your hips.
- Your right hand should be in line with the shoulder.
- The hands placed on the ground, which is taking the body weight, should be in a straight line
- Breathe in and raise your right hand. Make sure to strike a proper balance. Stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Exhale and bring your hand down.
- Slowly get into Dandasana position and relax
- Repeat the same process on the other side of the body
Read more articles on Exercise And Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.